Tuesday, November 09, 2004

eff a NBA, roll with the FIBA euroleague

Dude if you really want to know what's going down you will hit this stuff immediately. It's insane European basketball and it's awesomely populated with top stars like Panteleimon Papaioakeim (team: Iraklis Therassoniki), Omer Onan (team: Fenerbahce), Michael McDonald (team: Anwil Wloclawek), and Sergerio Gipson (top scorer for Amsterdam's team the Demon Astronauts and no, I'm not fucking kidding you). These are the guys that will be over here pulling down monster paycheques next year, better get to know them while you can. Plus you get the deft prose to describe games: "2000 spectators saw second home victory of BC Khimki and first lose of Strasbourg in 2004/5 FEL. Russian side played preety good defense in first half and they had 13 points' advantge after 20 minutes."

You wanna talk about preety good defense, you will be talking about Carlos Boozer. I haven't weighed in on Boozer yet, but let me say this: he has become Shiva, destroyer of worlds down in the SLC. His sick fantasy digits have enlightened my team muchly so far, especially the 25 point 19 rebound magilla he put up vs. Denver on Monday. Utah is still looking for their first lose of the season, while Denver's starting to seem like maybe just a little bit overrated on account that they're not very good yet. Carmelo is adorbs but spotty; Marcus Camry is Marcus Camry; Andre Miller played for Arizona NUFF SAID; and Kenyon Martin is STILL pouting that his summer series with Redman went nowhere. Keep smilin' yo, my daughter and I watched it faithfully. Beth Littleford IS kind of hot, isn't she?


K-Mart says "Nene, yr Brazilian arse must needs stay out my way k thx bye"

Other thoughts: Houston will still win the West, even though they look pretty crap right now. I love how hoop scribes have all condemned some teams to death after only three or four games. Also, Bill Simmons' ESPN preview was PHONED THE FUCK IN this year: he was clearly running behind and in need of deadline meetage (although it wasn't fast enough, eff a preview that starts after the season begins) (and eff his buddy Chipper, no one up here was even talking about Brian Skinner). His fake Yao was funny, though. But still: Rockets might struggle early, but they have a team.

Y'know who else has a team is that Orlando Magic. Hoo-doggy: Steve On-His-Second-Franchise is rockin' the one-sleeve Iverson look and throwing down tomahawk dunks on entire voting precincts down there. Dwight Howard is playing some good puppy-dog ball, and even Kelvin Cato looked useful. I almost caught the vapors and picked him up for my team until I realized the iron-clad rule: never pick up anyone who used to play for the Trail Blazers. So I picked up Brian Grant instead because I still love him. Then I dumped Grant because HE GOT MIHMED.

I was going to say something else but I forgot. More later.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for this blog you have. I've been doing some research
today on dog ball and came across your site. I'm pretty impressed with your
amount of knowledge and the great content you have here.
I am sure you are helping a lot of people. Thanks for the info.

January 18, 2006 at 4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home